Facility Planning and Design is one of more than 40 departments within the Office of Student Life, all dedicated to creating the extraordinary student experience for every Ohio State student.
Facility Planning and Design (FPD) is responsible for all facets of planning and implementation of improvements to Student Life’s physical footprint. We strive to provide environments that enhance the experience of our students and support Student Life departments and staff in fulfillment of their missions.
We provide Planning, Interior Design, Logistics, and Space Management services for all Student Life departments and facilities across Ohio State’s campuses, covering 6.2 million square feet in 143 buildings with a replacement value of over $2.3 billion.
- 44 residence halls/housing units on the Columbus campus
- 3 housing complexes on the Mansfield, Newark and Wooster campuses
- 30+ food service locations on the Columbus, Mansfield, Newark and Wooster campuses
- 5 recreation facilities and over 90 acres of outdoor recreation space on the Columbus Campus
- Younkin Success Center
- Wilce Student Health Center
- Ohio Union